Mr. Ahmed Abou Hashima the CEO of Egyptian Cement, the Minister of Industry, Eng. Tarek Qabil, the Minister of Investment and International Cooperation Dr. Sahar Nasr, Dr. Ayman Abd Al Monem Governor of Suhag inaugurated the laying of the foundation stones of the cement plant and the building materials complex in Suhag Governorate.
Mr. Ahmed Abou Hashima announced that the total investment of the project is EGP 6 billion and choosing to establish this huge investment in Upper Egypt was a choice to emphasize the importance of this location in the mind and heart of the state and the private sector and to achieve an investment booming considering Egypt's economic future with its potential and possibilities.
Mr. Ahmed Abou Hashima added that the building materials industrial complex will include 6 factories specialized in manufacturing as well as a distribution center of steel rebar. These factories are:
- A cement plant that will produce 2 million tons annually and the investment volume reaches EGP 5 billion
- A cement panel factory reinforced by fiber concrete with a production capacity of 2 million square meters annually and an investment volume of 155 million pounds
- A lime plant that produces 600 tons per day with an investment of EGP 380 million
- A cement bags factory with a production capacity of 40 million bags annually and investment volume of EGP 100 million
- A ready mix concrete plant that produces 180 cubic meters of concrete per hour and the project investment volume is EGP 130 million
- A cement brick factory and interlock that produces 200 thousand cubic meters per year with a total investment of EGP 75 million
- A reinforcement steel store with total investments of EGP 65 million